Skip to main content

Twice As Nice Bay Area

 Recently, I was able to work with some of the shops on the Avenue (Downtown San Bruno is affectionately referred to as ’The Avenue’) and I was very excited to collaborate with friends over at Twice As Nice Bay Area. They have a great store with lots of shopping options and they are super cool people. I had an idea to display a painting but Josh and Sadana decided to showcase that and a few more paintings in an effort to try and drive business down to the Ave but also to show their support for local artists like myself. 

There will be more events to come and opportunities to meet Josh and Sadana as we try and make San Bruno a new hotspot, in the meantime come down and visit their shop at 559 San Mateo Avenue in San Bruno and check out the new 12 foot mural that I am unveiling!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ofrienda’s” (Mini Mascaras)

These are my “OFrienda’s”, they are mini handmade masks that I have been making for over 10 years in honor of Dia de los Muertos.  The idea came from Mexican clay masks that I was working on with my daughter, we decided to make and decorate some to resemble cookies in DDLM theme and the workshop took off from there.  The masks are made custom by SMURKS but given from friend to friend as an addition for the Altars (Ofrenda’s) that many people decorate for their passed love ones during the celebration. They are decorated with bright acrylic paint and usually have gems for eyes to match the vibrant decor of the altars which feature photographs of the deceased, marigold flowers, candles and even sweets as an offering to entice the spirits to return.   Make one for yourself as a cool paperweight, stick a magnet on it to decorate your fridge or even connect it on a chain for a cool pendant.  Either way, these are all handmade and hand painted individually. Contact me for ...

Twin Pines Parlor Gallery - Room 1

 The paintings in this room are my chosen favorites or “power” pieces. They represent several key points of my career and are important for the development of future works. Here is an overview of this room.  “Mangrooves” (above mantle) is one of my most popular pieces and despite the space on the canvas, the story behind the painting goes much further. You can find a link   HERE   To the right of the fireplace “Shiny” is one of the first paintings that I did with Maggie (my youngest), having watched ‘Moana’ more times than I ever thought I would, I decided to pay homage because after all my love for the ocean and Hawai’i runs deep. Behind the rock on the right you’ll see Tamatoa, a jewel loving giant crab with his eye on “The Heart of Tefiti”, the shiny green gem on the left. If you’re clever you’ll find my face and the rock peaks resemble my hair first thing in the morning. Hint: the green gem also looks like a booger under my nose. (Keep in mind it was inspired by ...

HEALTHY DOS2

 I am excited to announce that I will be joining the Atelier group for Art Of Healing, a program that started at SIY Gallery in 2025!  “ Healthy Dos2 (Dose)” is a 2 hour Art of Healing Workshop for Teens aged 12-18 focusing on the healing aspects of art and discovery of the artists genuine self. Healthy Dos2 is intended to inspire the young artist to find their voice and develop new skills to learn what is most comfortable and most optimal in navigating their art journey. Healthy Dos2 will encourage artists to respect the environment by repurposing and “upcycling”, as well as incorporate music, guided meditation and breathing, and include group projects to promote positive collaboration.   Starting March 2025 Classes are $40 for 2 hr session, 10 weeks or $50 for 2 hr individual session, 10 weeks Registration information Mario “SMURKS1” Guitron Is a self taught artist with over 25 years of experience in coordinating, curating, collaborating and hosting weekly workshops and...